Sunday, January 11, 2009

Out from the ashes...

January 10th many years ago (1999)…
Seems like another lifetime that my life dramatically changed. My mother, sister and I had just arrived home from what was to be the last trip we would ever spend together. We had arrived late and our mother needed her rest. That day will live out in my mind forever. Her door locked and late afternoon approaching I knocked to see why she had not come out to enjoy the day with us.
A brain aneurysm had taken her life and that day my journey to learn and live on my own truly began. This is just the next step in embracing writing and experiencing the thoughts and emotions of others through the gift that she gave me.

I hope to be able to develop my writing skills and hopefully make my contribution and publish the writtings that she never got the chance to. 20 years of ink on paper, a lifetime will never be enough.

Pirate Mike… the day after the disaster… just like it was truly yesterday I can remember it quite vividly… my life will never be the same without you... i miss you mom...



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog